SAN DIEGO – The US Postal Service is looking for more than 300 employees as the agency hosts job fairs in Southern California, including one locally.
The event is scheduled for November 18 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the USPS Margaret L. Sellers Mail Processing & Distribution Center in San Diego and the USPS San Bernardino Mail Processing & Distribution Center in San Bernardino.
Some of the employment opportunities include urban transporter assistants, mail processing assistants, postal support clerk employees, rural transporter associates, assistant rural transporters, and tractor-trailer operators. The USPS says the hourly wage ranges from $ 16.87 to $ 23.74 per hour.
“This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a fast-paced, rewarding work environment with a good pay,” said Connie Sallee, USPS (A) human resources manager. “While these 300 positions are not career positions, we hope and expect that everyone we hire will take advantage of the opportunities for advancement and become a part of our professional workforce, with all the benefits that that implies. “
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years old at the time of appointment or 16 years old with a high school diploma
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or citizen of American Samoa or other U.S. territory
- Able to pass a criminal background check, drug testing and medical assessment
- Bring your driver’s license, your educational background with addresses, your professional history
- 7 years old, and DD214 if you are a veteran
To register in advance, scan the QR codes below or go online at www.eventbrite.com. Candidates without an appointment will be accepted depending on availability.
To facilitate the application process, USPS encourages applicants to bring their own devices – laptops, tablets, etc.
Those unable to attend career fairs can apply online at www.usps.com/careers.
Suggest a correction